|VisionFirst Eye Center has a full time opening for a front desk attendant at our Homewood office, but will require travel on an as needed basis. This is a great opportunity to launch or cultivate your eye care career in a supportive environment that rewards hard work. Our practice has three ophthalmologists and six optometrists. We have 4 locations: Alabaster, Homewood, Pell City and Trussville.
Front office medical receptionist serves as initial interface for patients. Responsible to ensure patient information and demographics are entered quickly and correctly. Responsibilities will include various office administrative tasks such as document scanning, verifying vision plans for health and vision plans and filing vision plans.
- Ability to function at a high level in a busy medical office
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in data entry and the ability to multi-task
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Punctuality and flexibility with schedule
- Committed to providing a great experience for patients and embrace our “patient minded” customer service model.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Travel required to our mulitple offices, if needed
- Availability Monday – Fridays
- 2 years’ experience in a Medical Office, preferably in optometry or ophthalmology
- High school diploma
- Applicants must pass a drug screening and background check
- Serve as the first point of contact for the entire medical practice and greet patients and visitors as they arrive
- Manage multiple front office tasks. Be flexible and proactive as clinic demands shift on a regular basis.
- Understand all services and appointment types.
- Learn office PM and EMR system and perform system entry with minimal error
No phone calls please.