Vision First is happy to announce the addition of the iDesign® wavefront analyzer from AMO-VISX to our practice. We are proud to be the first in Birmingham to offer this high-definition, advanced technology to our patients. iDesign measures the internal optics and surface of the eye more precisely than conventional methods. This precision allows iDesign to create a unique “blueprint” and personalized treatment plan for each eye.
This technology is so advanced it is being used by NASA to precisely shape the mirrors of the James Webb or Next Generation Space Telescope, which will transmit high resolution images of deep space to Earth beginning in 2018.
What does the iDesign system offer you?
- Creation of a precise, customized, individualized 3D map of your entire eye and any visual imperfections.
- A device that captures over 1200 data points, and is 25 times more accurate than the conventional technology used to write a glasses or contact lens prescription.
- A laser that precisely aligns your treatment and gently reshapes your cornea to minimize both higher and lower order aberrations using proprietary technology.
- Achievement of clearer vision without the hassle of glasses or contact lenses.
Consider this, 6 months after surgery:
- 99% of nearsighted patients reported no limitation in outdoor or active activities
- 97% of patients were satisfied with their vision
- 94% of patients could see 20/20 or better without glasses or contact lenses
- 93% of patients reported little to no difficulty with night driving
Contact Vision First today to determine if you are a candidate for refractive surgery using iDesign® technology!